Diana Page was raised by her soldier Grandfather and hippy Father in an unconventional upbringing for a little girl in the seventies. A childhood that necessitated teaching herself self-reliance skills led to a university post-graduate education in Criminal Psychology and teaching at college. Three children later, Di gave up academia to raise her children alone and off-grid
Diana Page was raised by her soldier Grandfather and hippy Father in an unconventional upbringing for a little girl in the seventies. A childhood that necessitated teaching herself self-reliance skills led to a university post-graduate education in Criminal Psychology and teaching at college. Three children later, Di gave up academia to raise her children alone and off-grid in a remote North Yorkshire Dale. They had no heating, loo, or running hot water, living in a green painted caravan in a five acre field, they lived very simply using what was around them.
Di now runs the Wild Harvest
school of self-reliance.
(It’s completely free, zero hassle to do (click here), but really helpful for me trying to get a new podcast off the ground. If you’re feeling extra kind, please leave a review on the app – that really helps.)
Listen on Apple Podcasts
(“Alexa, please play the Living Adventurously podcast”) or on your favourite podcast platform such as Overcast, Google Podcasts
, Pocket Casts, Breaker
, Soundcloud, Castbox, Castro.
- If you enjoy listening to this episode over a cup of coffee and think it might be worth the price, you can buy me a coffee here: www. ko-fi.com/al_humphreys
- Keep up to date with future episodes (and my other adventures, projects and books) with my free monthly newsletter: alastairhumphreys.com/more/subscribe
- Say hello on Twitter and Instagram: @al_humphreys
- Wild Harvest school of self-reliance
- Unusual childhood with a soldier grandfather and a hippy father
- Basically left to her own devices as a child
- Peaked senses - the best part of living off the land. You're not blanketed by comfort
- You can hold your dream, and when you are ready you can live it
- Guilt at the separation between being indoors with central heating and what the weather is like outdoors
- Raising kids off-grid
- post grad in Decision Making in Sex Offending
- Permaculture - observe then accept feedback (closed loop system)
- I've had so many responsibilities for so long I just want to put on my backpack and walk
THIS PODCAST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KOMOOT
Your very own outdoor experiences are waiting for you. Go explore more with komoot
. Use the voucher code ADVENTUROUS
to claim your free region maps bundle.
The personalised planning and navigation tools ensure you plan the adventure that’s perfect for you
. Komoot is Europe’s number 1 outdoor app, with route planning and navigation functionality, and strong community-driven inspirational features in the form of recommended Highlights and inspirational route Collections. It is used by nearly 10 million adventurers worldwide. Komoot is becoming the app of choice for cyclists and hikers the world over, with rapid community growth in the UK, the US and other parts of Europe.
You can see my ride’s route on komoot here
★ Support this podcast ★