The right tree in the right place. Living Adventurously 37
Tom Orde-Powlett's family have lived in Bolton Castle for 800 years. The Bolton Estate plays an important role in managing and caring for the beautiful area of Wensleydale. Tom considers it his duty to hand things over to the next generation in a better condition than he inherited it. Tom served in the Army for 7 years and was awarded the Military Cross. These days he is a passionate conservationist.
Tom served in the Army for 7 years and was awarded the Military Cross. These days he is a passionate conservationist.
- If you enjoy listening to this episode over a cup of coffee and think it might be worth the price, you can buy me a coffee here: www. ko-fi.com/al_humphreys
- Keep up to date with future episodes (and my other adventures, projects and books) with my free monthly newsletter: alastairhumphreys.com/more/subscribe
- Say hello on Twitter and Instagram: @al_humphreys
- https://www.boltoncastle.co.uk/ 1399 castle and 800 years of the same family
- Works on the conservation of the local environment
- River conservation, sustainable fishing business.
- Solar powered cattle drinker - broad range of benefits
- The right tree in the right place
- Curlew is the soundtrack of spring
- Britain is most important country for breeding curlews - the slenderbill and the eskimo have already gone extinct
- Learning to acknowledge and tolerate your weaknesses, and those of others
- Yorkshire Dales River Trust
- I was 40 recently; it's probably time my life became a little less adventurous!
THIS PODCAST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KOMOOT
You can see my ride’s route on komoot here.