"If I could live my life over I'd have been braver in my 20s." Living Adventurously 21
Michaela Hanna has completed IronManUK, the Lakeland50 ultra mountain marathon, cycled from Edinburgh to London and across the Western Cape of South Africa. She therefore has personal experience of the significance of precise and relevant nutrition and places a high level of importance on the nutritional value of the food. Having spent time working in fine-dining restaurants, high-end event catering companies and as a private chef alongside her day job, the time came for Michaela to follow her joy and feed people full-time again as a private chef.
Having spent time working in fine-dining restaurants, high-end event catering companies and as a private chef alongside her day job, the time came for Michaela to follow her joy and feed people full-time again as a private chef.
- If you enjoy listening to this episode over a cup of coffee and think it might be worth the price, you can buy me a coffee here: www. ko-fi.com/al_humphreys
- Keep up to date with future episodes (and my other adventures, projects and books) with my free monthly newsletter: alastairhumphreys.com/more/subscribe
- Say hello on Twitter and Instagram: @al_humphreys
- Michaela Hanna - the Fit Chef
- Adventure is embracing the unknown which is scary for me as I'm a bit of a control freak
- My preference is to do short, intense bursts of work and then get away for adventures
- Being restless and unsettled can be seen as a downside but it drives you forward and keeps you moving
- I'm very purposeful and have to find meaning in everything. That can be exhausting
- It's a problem when nothing is enough and you're always striving for more
- I remind myself grateful how lucky I am
- Working for myself means that for now I'm busy trying to get the money side of my life sorted
- I think it's easier to find a good balance when you're self-employed
- I schedule in my free time otherwise it never happens
- In the first months I lay in bed thinking 'what on earth have i done'
- It's a bit scary but I'd far rather rather work for myself than work for a toxic organisation
- Always, always follow your joy
- I've changed from a steady job, security, control freak to the risky freedom of what I'm doing now
- Put the intention out there, and it will follow
- It takes bravery and I'm going to change everything and make this happen
- There's no space for mediocrity in life
- If I could live my life over I'd have been braver in my 20s.
- I'd advise a woman in her 20s to not allow her decision making to be influenced by a relationship
- To be truly happy you need to either have everything you want or nothing at all
THIS PODCAST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KOMOOT
You can see my ride’s route on komoot here.